HT12E is an encoder integrated circuit of 212 series of encoders. They are paired with 212 series of decoders for use in remote control system applications. It is mainly used in interfacing RF and infrared circuits. The chosen pair of encoder/decoder should have same number of addresses and data format.
Simply put, HT12E converts the parallel inputs into serial output. It encodes the 12 bit parallel data into serial for transmission through an RF transmitter. These 12 bits are divided into 8 address bits and 4 data bits. HT12E has a transmission enable pin which is active low. When a trigger signal is received on TE pin, the programmed addresses/data are transmitted together with the header bits via an RF or an infrared transmission medium. HT12E begins a 4-word transmission cycle upon receipt of a transmission enable. This cycle is repeated as long as TE is kept low. As soon as TE returns to high, the encoder output completes its final cycle and then stops.
Features of HT12E Encoder IC:-
- Operating voltage 2.4V~12V.
- Low power and high noise immunity CMOS technology.
- Low standby current: 0.1A (typ.) at VDD=5V.
- Data code has positive polarity.
- HT12A with a 38kHz carrier for infrared transmission medium.
- Minimum transmission word Four words for the HT12E.
- Built-in oscillator needs only 5% resistor.
- Minimal external components.
Applications of HT12E Encoder IC:-
- Burglar alarm system.
- Smoke and fire alarm system.
- Garage door controllers.
- Car door controllers.
- Car alarm system.
- Security system.
- Cordless telephones.
- Other remote control systems.
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.